Saturday, June 8, 2013

Officially the First Day of Summer Vacation

The typical question toward the end of the school year is "What are your summer plans?" Most people are going somewhere. Visiting family, traveling abroad or simply spending time at the beach. Not me. At least not this year. The wedding really set us back. We really can't afford to go anywhere on vacation this year, but that doesn't mean I won't be busy. I have a lot of home improvement projects to work on. Here is my summer To Do list:
  • Transform the kitchen- this means painting the kitchen counter tops, hanging some sort of window treatment and painting the wall and hanging shelves above the sink
  • Add board and batten and paint the front bathroom.
  • Paint the laundry room and make a clothes drying rack
  • finish stenciling and hanging chair rail in the dining room. 
  • frame bathroom mirror
  • Repaint accent wall in living room and hang curtains
  • Seal the outdoor chase I got off freecycle
  • Make a bench for entryway

Other things on my To Do list that are not home improvements include:
  • Officially change my name
  • Re-finance our house to eliminate PMI
  • Make Hawaii photo album
  • Host another pinterest party
  • start an Etsy store
I also set a goal to learn how to cook one new meal every week over the summer. What are your summer plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment