Sunday, January 29, 2012

Frankie went to the Doctor




Franks has been licking his paw for about a week, but I didn't see anything wrong with it until yesterday. He had this large red bump on his thumb. I was really worried about it, so I took him to the vet. Turns out he has a hematoma. I had never even heard of this before, but I guess its common and not a big deal. Hematomas are caused when the body over-reacts to some type of irratiation. It could have been a splinter or a bite. It is supposed to go away on its own...but it's not. I guess it iches, so he is always lick it which stops it from healing. Our new vet is super. She gave him a band-aid to prevent the lickety lickety...now instead of licking it, he's biting it. Luckily he only has to wear it for 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment