Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Tour

Here's a tour of our new home.

The garage was an new experience for me. I've never had a garage to park in before, so I had to have lots of guidance parking the first few times...I still can only park on the left side. When I try to park on the right, I end up in the middle with no room for another car.




This is the view walking in the front door. The master bedroom is off to the left. I just love how open it is when you first walk in. When the sliding glass doors are open, this area seems extra spacious.



Standing in the living room looking back at the front door, from the foyer, the 2 other bedrooms are off to the left and the laundry room is on the right.

You can't really tell in the pictures, but the counter tops are BLUE! Not a navy blue--a bright country blue. I loth the counter tops and will find a remedy for that eye-sore sometime soon (too bad new countertops are not in our budget). Other than the countertops and the country feel of the kitchen (which are both fixable--the second one easier than the first), I love it! There is a lot of counter space and tons of cabinets to store all of the cooking thing I don't own...yet.



The breakfast nook has a lovely bay window that looks into the backyard. One day I want to put a bench there. I'm not in love with the table (too busy with a country feel for my taste), but it came with the house...and not having a table meant don't complain.




At one point, this was a patio. They did a great job converting it into a sunroom.



This is my favorite part of our house...the backyard. It's small (which is good for Dedee), but we don't have any neighbors behind us. The beautiful view is part of the Jewish Community Center. You can't see them in the picture, but on the right you you can see a bit of thier tennis courts through the trees. I wasn't too sure about them at first, but I don't even notice them any more. The previous owners had a hot-tub on the deck, but since we're not the hot-tub type, the deck is perfect for
bar-b-q'ing and entertainng; it just needs
to be stained and sealed.

There are no pics of the bedrooms because they just look like a box with 4 plain white walls in the pictures, and none of the bathrooms becasue I can't seem to get a picture that does either one justice. I will be posting pictures of the room as the develope more.

No comments:

Post a Comment