Saturday, April 14, 2012

We're getting MARRIED!!

April 12th is our anniversary. We've been dating 7 years. Each year we do something extra special to celebrate. Because we just bought the house, I knew we couldn't afford to do something extravagant. I had been asking Dedee for a few weeks what he wanted to do. The only answer I ever got was "I don't know." Finally the 12th was here. I had to stay late at work so I called Dedee to let him know. He informed me that he was going to cook dinner for us. When I got home, he had just started cooking so I hopped in the shower. As soon as I turned the shower off, all I could smell was something burning. I opened the bathroom door and was greeted by a cloud of smoke. The entire house was filled with smoke. (Don't worry, the house isn't on fire) Dedee had opened all the windows and the doors because as he was cooking the chicken chimichangas, one piece of chicken got stuck in the bottom of the pan he was using to deep fry them and continued to burn. This was just a minor glitch in our romantic dinner. Once I got a chance to look out back, I could see that Dedee had set up my moms card table, her table cloth and some candles in the back yard. (At this point I was hoping to get a ring, but not expecting it) Dedee sends me outside and then pours us some wine and serves dinner. Dinner was delicious! I love Mexican food. As it gets dark the mosquitoes come out, so we head inside. I give Dedee my gift- a year worth of dates. (I got the idea off pinterest- here is the link) After he opened it, I just sat looking at him like "Now it's your turn. Where's my gift?" He then asks me if I want dessert. Of course I say yes. Who am I to turn down ice cream. While he is in the kitchen I'm cant help but get a little disappointed. Not only was I not going to get a ring like I hoped; I didn't get ANY present. (I'm sorry. Dinner was nice, but it doesn't count as a gift) After icecream, I suggest heading to bed and reading some of the Hunger Games. (This is the first book we've ever read together) I get all situated in bed (I noticed all the pillows thrown around but Dedee said he was playing with the dog on the bed. I didn't think anything of it.) Dedee turned off all the lights in the house. When he waleds into the room, he turned of the lights. I asked (a little frustrated) "What are you doing?!?! I thought we were going to read." Silence. I'm looking around unable to see a thing- not even him, and he says "Read it!" It is then that I see this above my head.
Dedee had stuck glow-in-the dark stars on the ceiling to spell out his demand (notice it's not a question). When I looked down, although I could barley see him, he was on one knee beside the bed holding a ring.  
All I could say was "Are you serious?" He replied with "I wouldn't have a ring if I wasn't....so?" and I said YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment