Friday, February 10, 2012

Super Bowl Success

We had our first Super Bowl Party and I must say it was a success! About 12 people showed up. Dedee made his famous mac-n-cheese and I make my now famous red velvet cupcakes. My friend Jessica sent me these really creative bingo cards. Only the girls played (but I think they boys wanted to). She did a little research to find out what type of commercials were going to be aired. You had to watch and spot the items on your card. Some of the items included: an african animal, a vampire, clydesdales and a talking animal.


So here's the secret to my redvelvet cupcakes...
use a box cake mix, but add a box of dry chocolote jello to it.

The light and airy cream cheese icing is what makes these magical. I make it from scratch, but it's sooo easy!

  1. Beat a 8oz block of cream chese and a stick of butter with a mixer (I used my new red KitchenAid that I got for Christmas).
  2. Gradually beat in a 16oz box of powdered sugar.
  3. Finally whisk in a small container of Cool Whip.
I put it in a a ziplock baggie and then cut of the bottom corner to frost them, but you could just spread it on if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment